Virgin expedition

Friday, June 17, 2005

Of grey hair and tired livers

I really don't know how it happened or when it happened but I think I am getting old. I have tried to deny the fact for many months but after last night, I think it's time face up to facts. I have no excuses save for one - I have old bones. 1 mojito and 1.5 smirnoff ices in a beautiful party in the OPEN AIR park last night and I feel like CRAP this morning. Had to take 2 panadols this morning and only arrived to work at 10am. Wah liau. What a loser.

A couple of years ago, the weekend started on Wednesday's at Carnegies chugging down copious amounts of cheap free champagne and i could still wake up the next day and handle clients. Albeit with a frown and growl and stinky cigarette-smelling hair but I still managed to cough up the goods.

(And I was thin and could almost wear whatever I wanted because I prefered not to waste time eating but to drink drink drink and be merry.)

These days I don't even understand what "weekend starting on Wednesday" means anymore much less try to relive my days of youth.

I think it all boils down to lack of sleep. People say that as you get older you need less sleep. Bullshit I say. This is just phsyco-babbly-boo-bullshit that THEY throw at you to motivate you to work your ass off and make loads of money AND get married AND have kids AND take of house and home AND be thin and gogeous and well-groomed AND to do it all with no maid. HMPH!!!!!!!

Of course lah then tired. Although I shouldn't complain because I do have house help. And I refuse to work crazy hours anymore. But that of course means that once the entire house is sleeping then I sneak out my laptop and work until the wee hours. Which leads me to being sleepy the next day. Which means that I want to die at my desk. Which leaves me working till wee hours the next night and it just goes on on n on n on on n on..the beat goes on till the break of dawn. Get what I am sayin' dawg?

How come life changes like that? How come we cannot evolve and continue on with our lives without keeping some things from the past?

Is it so difficult to be able to be a mum and a good "wife" and still party with your friends and go away on weekends and work like mad to meet ridiculous deadlines?

I realize that I cannot be the person I was in 1998 with my mates in Manggis Rd and colleagues from Robinson Road doing tequila shots/shooters, champagne, flaming lamborghinis dancing, singing, kissing etc then sleep at 4am, wake up at 9am, go to work and repeat everything again.

But C'MON!!! 1 mojito and 1.5 Smirnoff ice...moving my shoulders to the beats of the DJ while sitting on an outdoor bench. If this is over the top for me now then I think I better change my name to Grannymanggis. No more tweety-ing for me.

Has it got to do with motherhood? I don't know. Someone mentioned that maybe now we have all got older and some have kids and therefore life has slowed down and things changed. Ok, slow down yes, I can accept that. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE HIT THE FUCKING FREEZE FRAME BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL!!!

Summer is here, the sun is shining, I can wear not-so-small-anymore clothes again and it's time to be ALIVE. Please let the picture start moving again.

I was watching Desperate Housewives a couple of weeks ago and watched that episode when then mum with the crazy twins started to take her kids ADD medication so that she could become Mum Extrodinaire....hmmmmm...anyone know what it's called?

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cheap soap opera blog...

Priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.