Virgin expedition

Monday, July 04, 2005

Beauties and the Beasts

I was in Lisbon with Frederic over the weekend and along with the sites and sounds, I had to get my dose of proper cable TV. So in between clips of the Live 8 concerts, I managed to catch a program on VH1 entitled "Remaking Vince Neil".

The title itself made me laugh already. Trying to remake Vince Neil is like trying to remake muah chee into filet mignon. Like trying to remake Zoe Tay so she can speak English. Like trying to remake Malaysia into Singapore. TAK BOLEH!!

Everyone knows that Tommy Lee was the ONLY hottie of Mötley Crue.

It was really funny to see the famous glam rock front man, now (predictably) fat and faded, hanging off the arm of a Pamela Anderson wannabe he calls his wife, trying to further hang on to what's left of the rock-an-roll-star thang.

I think VH1 should have sprung to remake (or unmake in Mrs Neil's case) the both of them.

Bon Jovi once said "every little guy wants to learn to play guitar so he can pick up all the chicks and be a rock and roll star".

Indeed.

"You know Vince, this fitted black tank top will definitely give you a better silhouette ESPECIALLY when teamed up with this Cavalli shirt and these Cavalli leather paaants", sang Vince Neil's very fashionable and very gay stylist.

And "pop" goes that rock-an-roll star bubble. Vince Neil is as much a has been as Sebastian Bach.

Who you say?

I rest my case.

Ugly people. They bother me. Both (aiyah, inside and outside) types. And unfortunately you don't have to waste current and switch on the TV to find them. If you live in Singapore just look out you window can already. And if you don't live in Singapore then check out some Singapore blogs. Wah liau! I have never seen a bigger collection of moon faces, pancake faces and plain ol' "U-G-L-Y you-ain't-got-no-alibi-you're-UGLY" faces. No wonder they all blog. Too ugly to do things in real life.

So in that spirit, let me put up some pics of beautiful people.

Bikini babe
My Chiara - the bikini babe

Doll
Little doll

Little princess
Little princess in the park

Little Thief
Her favorite pastime - digging for treasure

Horse-drawn carriage
Four beauties in a horse drawn carriage in Central Park

Frederic and me in Lisbom
Frederic and myself in Lisbon

Docas
That night in Docas - Lisbon's equivalent of Singapore's Boat Quay and Barcelona's Olympic Port

Lisbon city
Lisbon city

Cascais
Cascais town (pronounced Kaash-Kaeesh)

Godiva Strawberries
The biggest, fattest, most expensive chocolate dipped strawberries in the world. They were delicious. Glo had to ask the chashier to repeat the price 3 times coz she couldn't believe they costs 6USD a piece.

So cheers to all beautiful things and my baby Chiara - the most precious, beautiful, wonderful, person in my life.

God help me if she decides to marry a Vince Neil wannabe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.