Virgin expedition

Monday, July 18, 2005

My First Birthday

I celebrated my first birthday on Saturday. My baby's first birthday that is, eventhough Chiara is officially 1 on Wednesday. And it was a dual birthday because Lucas turned 3 on July 13th. And boy, oh, boy, what a birthday party it was. 40 adults and 30 kids. Tons of food. Bouncy castle. Paddling pool. I know, I know. A little bit over the top. My little sweetie was crying by the end of the afternoon coz it was hot and very overwhelming for her. Maybe I overdid it a little. She is afterall only 1. Ironically she was probably the most clueless out of all the guests as to what was going on. (My star nanny helped out and if she wasn't around I wouldn't have even dared plan such a big do.)

What is it about birthdays and parents who get all crazy about them?

I guess I am now wondering if I did this party for me or for my bubby. Because the truth of the matter is that I am sure she would have enjoyed herself just as much or if not more if I had just invited another child over and had some cake.

I have to confess that yes, I wanted to show off. Show off my baby who is the most beautiful girl in the world. And that I made her. And that she has successfully arrived at her first year a wonderful baby because of me (I hired the nanny didn't I?). And show that I am incredibly proud of her. And show off how I can manage my life as a working mum. And to prove to people that I am not all about drinking, partying, hair and clothes. And prove that my nanny DOES NOT run the household all by herself (just some parts lah).

And I want to be able to tell her when she grows up how she had such a special, wonderful 1st birthday party.

So i guess while I am happy that the party was a success, I have to confess that I do indeed have guilty feelings about it. Because it was more about me than her. I now I feel bad so I am going to do another, quieter, subdued, cake-and-candles only Happy Birthday on Wednesday. Just with her.

And I will have my camera with me. Because you know what silly mummy forgot to do? Charge the damn camera. UURGH!!! I was so busy planning the other details of the party that I forgot to charge my camera and so I could not take photos!! CAN U BELIEVE IT??? MY OWN BUBBY's FIRST BIRTHDAY SUPER DUPER BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! Aiyah. Luckily Frederic took videos and my sis took some nice pictures of the party.

So here are some pictures from Saturday.

My favourite shot of the day:
Chiara and mummy
2 beauties - My baby and my mummy

More pictures from the party

Picture of the house
Picture of the house

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday!

Mummy, why r these people singing?
Mummy why are these people singing?

Mummy help`!
Mummy they sing so badly..HELP!

CIMG0851
Bouncing away on the bouncing castle

CIMG0914
I am so tired..need to hang on

All in all it was a really nice day. It threatened to rain and thnakfully it didn't. Everyone had a lot of fun which is the most important for me. Despite my post-party feelings, I am glad I did it and I am so happy my baby had a wonderful first birthday.

Now the question is, what shall I do next year?

Will try to post more pics soon....til next time! Ciao!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.